9mm bullet came apart

Andy599

619-204-2325
Aug 26, 2012
La Mesa
Has anybody ever had a 9mm bullet (or any bullet for that matter), come apart while it was being chambered from a semi automatic handgun? It happen to me the other night but I think that it might have missed the crimping process in my Dillon press, otherwise how could that even happen.

When you say come apart, I assume your meaning the bullet separated from the case. With that said, ya you may not have crimped the case to the bullet.

Was also thinking that the case may not have been properly resized...

Seen it. Like you said probably a crimping problem. May have picked up someone else's brass that was trimmed too short for what your crimp die is set at. Doubt it was a resize problem unless you decap separately.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu