9th deer hunt 2015

Re: 7th hunt 2015

This hike is getting old. Had to work last night. From longbeach to sd had a buddy meet me at home. Got in later then normal. Split up busted a Doe and stopped in a bad spot. Started to doze off and got snorted at while I should have been glassin. 108 up hill a 2x3 with decent mass. No camera rain scared me.

So. I'm trying to help a buddy fill a Cali elk tag tomorrow evening and Thursday. Going to east cape on Friday (reports comming)work then we will see if I get to try before I can break out a bang stick.(my general bow season may be done ladies and gentlemen I gave it hell) Until then elk must die although I'm not the trigger man

TaftHunter said:
What elk tag does he have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

312 Tinemaha is it close to you. He's passed on a few small ones already There's a pretty big one they been after I don't want to say to point out because I'm I get it wrong I think it's a big

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 19

Nope I'm in la panza area.
I did see a decent bull up in Tinemaha area a few weeks ago

TaftHunter said:
Would be nice to draw a tag one year lol

He's passed on a few already so we will see. I want to see one die

That would be awesome! Good luck to you guys!

Ok 8 shouldn't count. Kid got picked up late only had 30 of shooting time checked out a new ridge and found a maybe new way in

# 9 me and my buddy Steve went out this evening he had his two kids they handled The hike surprisingly. I saw five does and 2 bucks. A really sharp and tall 2 x 3 no camera today I lost my lens cover on the Elkh A really sharp and tall 2 x 3 no camera today I lost my lens cover on the Elk hunt. I had a really good look at them actually had a little fork coming in I would had to make a little move. At this point my 2 x 3 was bedded For about the third time but he started to move I made a move. Ran out of light. Waited quite some time for him to bail so I could get out without spooking anything else

Sounds cool. I'm going to try to get out Saturday evening and Sunday am. Last chance before I head to WY.

Sounds like your gonna kill one soon. Steves kids are crazy. I'm not surprised they handled the hike. I've seen his oldest handle hikes pretty well.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu