a learning experiance

WingWhacker

Jul 30, 2014
san dimas
Made the trip out to Lodi last Thursday night after work to visit my aunt and uncle for a few days and do some duck hunting. My uncle and I scouted all day Friday and found a secluded pound on one of the many properties we got permission to hunt. The tules were crazy thick so before we left we carved out a trail to the water for Saturday morning . Doing so jumped about 15 mallards off the pond and of course neither of us had our guns in hand. Set up Sat in the dark and got settled in. Right at shooting time we had a group of 6 come over. Started calling em over and they turned right around. Didn't get em to lock up as I'm pretty sure they saw my uncle but i was able to drop two. One was lost to the tules . Had afew more shots but all were pretty long shots. At around 8 the rain was really coming down and the wind picked up real bad. By this time iwas soaking wet and freezing to death so we called it a day. Got out Sunday on another pond and was able to call some honkers down close enough to get a few shots off. Iwas able to drop one on my first shot and finished my uncle's off with my second as his gun jammed after his first shot. Called it a day cleaned the birds and got on the long road home by 11. Had an awesome time and learned a bunch. Can't wait to get out again.

Attachments

• IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0416.jpg
    IMAG0416.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 24
Thanks fellas. I'm ready to go any time if anyone wants aHunting buddy.I'll pull my own weight, drive and buy lunch. Anything to get out more often.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu