A surprise herd

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
Hunted Pendleton this morning, the areas we usually hunt were filling up fast so the boys and I headed North. Morning started out promising as we were quickly on a few does and a buck. The buck turned out to be a really big spike. As we headed back to the truck to re-group we ran across these guys. We ended up seeing 3 big loners out on other ridges and this group had about 20 in it.

Attachments

• herd1.png
    herd1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 145
Sporty they were just north of Case Springs in Delta, their was also a group further down the firebreak to the left that crosses back into Echo. My boys really enjoyed seeing them.

I hunted Pendleton back in 2000 before the stinkin' terrorists got the base shut down to civilians. I really wanted to see some of those buffalo, but the closest I got was a fresh pile of what looked like cow flop on a ridge in Yankee.

If ya get the time try some bass fishing there. They have some big bass in there..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu