A22 Report

Mergrath

Feb 3, 2012
Lakeside, CA
Well, it was an eventfull morning to say the least!

You know it's gonna be a good day when there is a deer standing in the road on your way to your spot and today was no exception.

Here was my morning A22 report in a nutshell:
1-doe in the road
1-doe and 2-fawns at the trail head (confirmed via my surefire flashlight) I hate eyeballs in the dark!
2-does and 2-fawns right at first grey light
1-doe and 2-fawns came from behind me at 7:30a.m.

But that's not the best part. I had a covey of quail come through (these things are like clockwork at this stand) while the doe and two fawn were under me. Then, one of the fawns starts chasing the quail! I'm trying not to laugh but it was freaking hilarious watching this little guy jumping all around. Wouldnt you know it...a freaking bobcat comes out of nowhere trying to get the quail too!

Momma doe did not approve and I got to watch first hand that a doe has no problem giving a bobcat her business! She would not leave the bobcat alone. She would run it off a few yards or up a tree but she would just wait it out. This went on for well over an hour! Very cool morning!!!

Tomorrow I'm bringing out the secret weapon...gotta find me some bucks!!! ;)

Tomorrow I'm bringing out the secret weapon...gotta find me some bucks!!! ;)
[/quote]

I've never been called a "secret weapon" but I'll take it. Oh and we will find bucks!

Sounds like an awesome day in the woods. Thanks for the story.

Bwahahaha!

Secret Weapon Sammy found (2) bucks. Put on his Secret Weapon booties and made a failed attempt stalk on a small fork. I just sat there comfortably watching as this deer rolled over yet another ridge. By the time the secret weapon returned he was a sweaty mess! LOL

In the mean time I glassed up a few but decided to let them be since a stalk would've been dang near impossible with even the best conditions. I think I will just revisit them come D16. ;)

Man just love that deer will play story, I'm sure momma deer was not playing with that bobcat though.. What a weapon nice and sweaty rofl... Good to see you guys found some bucks.. But you need a rifle ??? Why not just move your stand of make a nat stand in the area you found them..

sportyg said:
Good to see you guys found some bucks.. But you need a rifle ??? Why not just move your stand of make a nat stand in the area you found them..

No trees here, just heavy brush. I'm gonna dig into a little more and see if there is a spot where I can build a ground blind.

Tikka, Kimber, Remington and Savage are all guns that can be ordered locally in left hand...just an FYI

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu