A31 report...Calico deer...!!!???

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
went out this morning to angeles crest with my A31 tag...as i was getting closer to my spot i noticed a big tree had went down and blocked my way to my ground blind...it was starting to get light and i needed to get settled somewhere fast so i cleared a spot and threw together some cover as a blind....around 8:45 heard some rustling on the other ridge and got ready....then here comes this deer with all these colors on it about 50yds in front of me...didn`t know what to make of it so i just watched it...a few minutes later some more deer came down to ridge to join the other deer...about 5 does and a forky....these deer where about 70yds away but i decided not to throw an arrow at them because 70yds is a bit out of my comfort zone....if i could of made it to my ground blind it would of been a 25yrd shot at any of them...thanx dead tree..LOL question for ya`ll...has anyone else seen a calico deer before...????

I think it is pretty common for white tails. They call them piebald. I don't know what that means or why they call them that but they are ugly. I have seen them on TV and in pics. Google piebald deer and see if that's what you saw.

Never seen a paint mulies but have seen elk and whitetails that are painted. It's a cool trophy

went out to angeles crest this morning for last time before the season ends.....beautiful morning, light wind blowing in my favor but saw NOTHING...bummer...alot of squirrels tho...too bad there is no season for them in D11....to wrap it up, 2013 ends up being the worst deer season in my life.. but.. 2014 is just around the corner...!!! Happy hunting and Happy New Year...!!!!! ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu