AB 711 will be read on the Senate floor 9/3 ACT NOW

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
AB 711 is on to the full senate to be read on September 3rd them voted on.

Pass the PDF along to everyone you know!! Also this weekend post it at the hotel, tell every hunter you see and so on I know it's an uphill battle but you have to stand up for our rights especially for all of the hunters out of the country fighting for our freedoms!

HUNTERS
LEGISLATIVE ALERT
PROPOSED STATEWIDE BAN ON LEAD HUNTING AMMUNITIONPENDING IN SENATE FLOOR TO BE READ 9/3 THEN TO BEVOTED ON
IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED TO PREVENT IT FROM MOVINGFORWARDAB 711 (Rendon) Hunting: nonlead ammunitionAnti-hunters are accelerating their campaign to expand the current ban onlead ammunition for hunting in the range of the California Condor TOPREVENT THE USE OF ALL LEAD AMMUNITION FOR ANYHUNTING THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE STATE!
If passed, AB 711 could actually result in the STOPPAGE OF ALLHUNTING WITH RIFLES AND HANDGUNS IN CALIFORNIA ! This isbecause the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives(ATF) has made a determination that nonlead ammunition for these firearmsmeets the tests for prohibited armor piercing ammunition because of itschemical composition and the fact that various makes and models ofhandguns exist that, collectively, can shoot virtually all of it. It is illegalunder both state and federal laws to use or possess such armor piercingammunition! To date, ATF has not granted any waivers for sportingammunition, and ammunition manufacturers are uncertain if they shouldcontinue to produce it!!!!
THUS, IF AB 711 PASSES, HUNTERS MAY FIND THEMSELVES INTHE POSITION OF NOT BEING ABLE TO HUNT SIMPLY BECAUSETHERE IS NO RIFLE OR PISTOL AMMUNITION AVAILABLE THATIS LEGAL TO USE FOR HUNTING IN CALIFORNIA!!!!

CALL, WRITE, FAX AND EMAIL YOUR STATE SENATOR NOW!
http://senate.ca.gov/senators
TO LOCATE YOUR SENATOR BY YOUR ZIPCODE:
Please go to
http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/ . Enter your street address,city and zip code in the boxes above the map of California ; click on “Locate”.Your legislators and their contact information will then become available.
Governor Jerry Brown:
Phone: 916-445-2841; FAX: 916-558-3160. Tosend an e-mail: http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php.
California Department of Fish and Wildlife:
Chuck Bonham, Director –Phone: 916-653-7667; FAX: 916-653-7387.
California Fish and Game Commission:
Phone: 916-653-4899; FAX 916-653-5040.

Attachments

• HUNTERS AB 711.pdf
    100.2 KB · Views: 16
  • HUNTERS AB 711 Black and white copy.pdf
    100.2 KB · Views: 13
The bill was amended on 9/3 to extend the compliance date to 2019. It will be read again on the Senate floor today so call your Senator!!

This bill would temporarily suspend the required use of nonlead ammunition for a specific hunting season and caliber upon a finding by the Director of Fish and Wildlife that nonlead ammunition of a specific caliber is not commercially available from any manufacturer because of federal prohibitions relating to armor-piercing ammunition. The bill would require, notwithstanding a suspension, that nonlead ammunition be used when taking big game mammals, nongame birds, or nongame mammals in the California condor range.

Amended yesterday someone is listening......we need to keep plugging away until it has no teeth!

These are the new points we need to attack

Varieties of nonlead ammunition are readily available. Studies have shown that nonlead ammunition performs as well as, or better than, lead-based ammunition.

BS.....nonlead is too hard passes thru the animal leading to lost game and dangerous to anything down range.

The commission shall issue a report on the levels of lead found in California condors. This report shall cover calendar years 2008, 2009, and 2012. Each report shall be issued by June of the following year.

This is another point to hammer home!

It's not over we still have a chance to kill this!

MJB,

I am against the bill and have been writing letters for months. But we must be careful with our facts. Monolithic technology has come a long way over the past 25 years. I would have to completely disagree regarding the terminal performance on game regarding copper versus lead projectiles.

If we are to beat these ongoing proposals we need to be fact based unlike the folks writing the bills.

My two cents -

My first hand experience has been on about 40 pigs I've killed on Tejon ranch. Yes the bullet holds its weight and does expand but if you don't go thru bone or 2-3' of mass the bullet will leave a pin hole in and out. At the beginning I shot a sow about 45yards away and the bullet passed thru the sow she ran off with no blood to be found but the bullet did kill a piglet that I did not see behind her it destroyed the piglet.

I'm also good friends with a few guides and they all tell me if you do not hit bone it's hard to track them with little to no blood. Now I like a bullet that enters the animal and destroys vital organs in the chest cavity. I don't want the bullet to pas thru I want it to leave all of its punch in the animal.

Hatchet is a guide and he's killed more animals with copper than anyone I know hope he chimes in on his first hand experiences with copper.

100% agreed mark....since the mandate of the copper hard pill...I have seen and experienced the crippling effect like I've never seen before...I will say with a well placed shot that's breaks the neck of shatters both shoulders..it will work...but let's be realistic here..most hunters don't always make great shots..most hunters are taught to shoot be hind te shoulder and let the air out...with copper..there is no expansion or shock when you shoot them there..as stated..pin hole in..pinhole out...mammals don't even know their hit...they run of..leave little or no blood..and die a slow aganizing death..only to be consumed by the condor which you and I are paying for....junk science all the way for the mandated copper b.s.... I tell my guys to shot in front of the shoulders or dead center on the blade..at least if they do that..thers time for the finisher as their thrashin around...my 2cents....I won't go into long range accuracy of copper..as it terrible in my opinion...these are some of my thoughts regarding copper...love you guys!

What ever works for you is what I say. We all need to be on the same team here is what my original post was about.

I'm always leary about joining new forums...as happens so many times..if you don't agree with somebodys opinion[ usually the guy who's website it is] the banter begins....I wish I could count the numbers of critters that have died under my watch..but honestly...I've forgotten...bottom line...everybodys got a story about something...I'm forced to use the hard pill...so I make it work...do I think it is a better alternative to lead...absoulutly not....but that's my experiences...no flaming from me...just my dope...everything is made for love...

I'm glad it works for you.....you are the first I know of that has had that kind of success.

Anyway email your Senator we are making head way!

I feel like a newbie compared to the number of annals you both have put down!

Most of my kills have been with the Nosler Partitions and the Ballistic tips. I started the switch to the Barnes X a couple of years ago because of the lead ban. Even though I haven't hunted in the non lead area. (with a rifle) I switched because I figured it would just be a matter of time before other states started following Klownifornia's leed.

If It wasn't for the ban I would shoot the Nosler Accubonds.

MONDAY THIRD READING ACT NOW!

This is the last week everything must be passed by 9/13 or its dead

Bill
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/13-14/bill/asm/ab_0701-0750/ab_711_cfa_20130906_103732_sen_floor.html

Locate your senator here
http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

It's Monday time to call, fax & email your state Senator!!!

This is the last week for this Bill to move on

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu