Access to 70 acres in Angeles Forest, looking for someone to show me the ropes

jaegermus2

Oct 5, 2012
I'm definitely a newbie. I've gone on about 6 hunts, so far bagged a turkey, one quail, and aground squirrel. Yup.

However, I do have access to 70 acres of private land in the Angeles Forest a friend (the owner) is encouraging me to hunt on. I was there today and saw a covey of quail, sign for rabbit, deer, coyote, bear, and possibly a bobcat, and the lake was full of ducks. Also heard some geese early on the am but I was too far from the lake to see.

I'm looking for someone to take me under their wing, so to speak. I have a friend I sometimes hunt with but we are both green so it is the blind leading the blind. I eat everything I kill, and am pretty strict about respecting the no-lead rules in the Forest, per my friend's wishes, but I have access to a lot of land and could use a seasoned hunting partner to show me the ropes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu