Ada boy!

skinnyjimmy

Mar 9, 2013
After gimping my way back to the truck after our evening hunt Saturday I drive my son and buddy back to his camp site.
I was scheduled to work Sunday and planned to head home.
I asked my son if he wanted to stay the night. Without hesitation he's not going home.
We saw just two doe earlier that morning and Oscar and I throw out options for he and my son in the morning.
A hand shake and hug later I'm crawling home.
Im in misery with pain as the alarm screams off at 530 . I can't stand on my right leg and my wife directs me to get dressed, you're going to ER.
I notify work with my tail between my legs and go for a ride.
Around 630, I shoot Oscar and Cameron a text, where you headed.
I give short update on my situation and get a response of their 20 followed with hope you're well dad and a cool picture.
Ten minutes into my ride, phone rings...Dad I got one.
Back to back year Cameron knocks one down without me.
The excitement for him floods my soul. He's learned so well and makes me so proud. Great woods man ship and can field dress his harvest.
It wouldn't be possible without my good friend Oscar being a solid mentor.
I remember when I put Oscar his first deer years back.
Thank you Oscar and ada boy Cameron53017.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all - boy, dad, mentor, so cool when it’s shared and earned with others.

Thank you all, pretty stoked for that kid, gave up baseball for hunting and fishing.
He's solid. Looking to go to college with wildlife biologists in mind.
Leg is still jacked, wait to see orthopedic surgeon Wednesday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu