Air Rifle Hunter

camostevo

Jan 7, 2014
Monrovia, CA
Hi All - Steve here. Been a short time lurker here, and a member of a number of other Hunting Forums for a few years. Been shooting air rifles all my life, but started hunting with air rifles about 7 years ago. I like to hunt any game or nongame that is legal to take with air rifles. Most of my hunting time is spent hunting jackrabbits, quail, and ground squirrels. I hunt from the High Desert all the way down to San Diego and the Imperial Valley, and areas in between. I just got into hunting Coyote last year. Called in a couple of them, but did not have a good shot opportunity, so zero score on the Coyotes so far. Anyhow, just thought I'd stop by and say hi and introduce myself since I usually don't post much. I'm more of a reader. However, I do like to share pictures or videos when I'm able to take them.

Welcome to the SCH website camostevo. Looking forward to seeing some of your air rifle mayhem!

TaftHunter said:
I've never shot a coyote with my pellet gun, but have shot a bobcat with it
What caliber pellet gun and what range? My .22 kills nothing bigger than rats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
TaftHunter said:

My dad killed a turkey last spring with his .22 pellet gun

You can kill a lot more than rats with it

Bonejour said:
TaftHunter said:

.25 marauder pushing 28 gr pellets around 850 fps. It was like 35 yards. My .22 npxl pushes 18.1 gr pellets at 700 and it drops rabbits no problem

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu