Airgun Hunting Black Tailed Jackrabbits, Adventure Series

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey all, what beautiful weather we have been having here in California in the past several days. I wanted to share a recent trip we took into some remote locations here in the local mountains. This has been an area I have spent much time scouting and was finally able to spend several days filming here. The area has a ton of Native American history and is so vast I have not yet explored all of it. The area I had chosen for the hunt has one of the largest populations of Black Tailed Jackrabbits I have personally encountered. I will enclose several photographs of our adventure followed by a video I hope you may enjoy as well.

Wr1lXS1.jpg

Area that overlooks only a small portion of huntable land

PeZPcGi.jpg

Marley and I hiked down into the rocks

ta4hGUr.jpg

Small cave painting inside

VwhMYx2.jpg

Marley taking a break in the shade

1R1grKG.jpg

Old barn we found built in 1900's

GDWiLHl.jpg

One of the areas full of Jackrabbits,super green.

2SqP3eo.jpg

Small Jackrabbit moving about

wiN5qGx.png
Marley and I setting up for a shot with the EVOL

1DbK8h9.png
Took a shot on this guy with a ricochet hitting shoulder

8LXCIaj.png
Another large Jackrabbit taken with headshot
LJJ5uKY.png
Hit so hard he did a front flip

wx6ga7o.png
Marley recovered

QQkpqj2.png
Tom making 82 yard head-shot
lCesOJv.png
sUJbId4.jpg

Rf2ppnw.png
Took this guy running up a hill 63 yards

mRsXDIs.jpg

Hunted till late evening with total of 5

mgGH76w.jpg
Tom watching the hillsides for movement

rB5ktuq.png
Nice head-shot with the .22 EVOL

WI9haL2.jpg

Marley trying to get out of the sun

As you can see from the photographs and screen shots the place is a dream to hunt. We ended our trip with a total of 8 Jackrabbits, my cooler was packed. I can't wait to get back out and try for more when time allows for it. Here is the video that includes a look at my kit along with the footage from our two day hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu