Airguns into the West (video documentary)

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
About a year ago I started doing some research for a scope camera to incorporate into my videos to capture some of the action on my hunts. Through some research I discovered a company called Tactacam, they build high quality cameras and film through scope mounts. I ended up reaching out to them through email and soon got a response from Rudy Nunez. Rudy from Tactacam was kind enough to send me a full kit that I have been using in many of my videos throughout this past year. As time went on with emails and phone calls Rudy and I became good friends and eventually made plans to hunt together in South East Arizona. Recently Pyramydair started carrying the Tactacam product so I reached out to them for some sponsorship to make this trip happen. Pyramydair was kind enough to sponsor a trip that helped us with the cost of getting to Arizona and documenting our adventure through both a written article and video enclosed at the bottom. Rudy and I had planned to hunt a variety of animals, but specifically Coatimundi, a raccoon like animal with a slimmer body and a longer tail and a snout. Rare in the Southwest, coatimundis are more common in Central and South America. In Arizona, coatimundis inhabit the Sonoran and Chihuahuan deserts, with ranges including the Superstition Mountains east of Phoenix and the Huachuca Mountains southeast of Tucson. Coatimundis sleep in trees and prefer elevations of 4,500 to 7,500 feet, but they occasionally travel to lower deserts in winter. These are some of the most elusive species to hunt and are to be considered exotic game animals. Here is the full documentary of our adventure in South East Arizona that I hope some may find enjoyable.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu