All bad for the opener!

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
:mad:
Went out for the oppener of D-11 and did not see any deer...
Saw a monster.... and i mean monster Bobcat. It had to weigh at least 50 pounds.

Gteam1 said:
Saw a monster.... and i mean monster Bobcat. It had to weigh at least 50 pounds.

I wouldn't say thats all bad. At least you saw something.

Seeing game is always a good experience. Way to be out there doing it!

Gteam1 said:
Not to doubt you weight judging abilities but a 50 lb cat would be a record book cat. To see anything in the mid 30 s is great for CA. Look at some of the online photos of cats in the 40 lb range and you'll be surprised about how big they look for the weight. The only bobcats I've ever seen over 50 lbs have been the skidsteer type and I've hunted them for over 15 years..

Same story for me. Had a coyote dead to rights at 60 yards broadside and standing still. Passed on the shot. Wife said I should have wasted it. Probably right. Never saw a deer. Trying a different spot next Saturday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu