All luck. No skill.

Jul 17, 2017
butt1.jpg

Some friends from work and I were out on a 3/4 day and it was slow! After trying to get some Yellow Tails for the first half of the morning (and not catching any) the boat captain decided to take us to a new spot for rock fish and sand bass. I had a small piece of squid on a 1/0 hook in 65 feet of water and BAM! A few heavy head strikes and what felt like reeling in a barn door revealed this PIG! After a well placed gaff we got him on board and took some measurements. He was 39" long and weighed 23 3/4 Lbs. By far the biggest California Halibut I have ever caught. Good times...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu