Amazing Green Chili with wild pork/venison/elk etc. This is a gift to all

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
This is about as good as it gets regarding comfort food. Whoever makes this will forever remember me. It's amazing!

Green Chili with wild pork/venison/elk etc.

2 medium white onions quartered
5-6 jalapenos stemmed and quartered (you can use Anaheim peppers as a substitute but I wouldn't)
4 garlic cloves peeled and mashes
3.5 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 lbs of ground meat - (I like using ground elk)
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cans (14-15 oz cans) hominy drained (or buy the fresh bagged if you can)
2/3 cups of cilantro
Hulled toasted and salted pumpkin seeds or equivalent
Crumbled queso cheese
Crusty sour dough bread roll/s

Use a food processor to prep

Puree onions, chili's (peppers), and garlic with a 1/2 cup of chicken broth
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy pot over moderate heat to brown meat (approximately 4-6 minutes)
Transfer meat to another bowl leaving about 2 tablespoons of fat in the bottom of the pot. Add remaining olive oil
to the pot (with the fat) and heat moderately. Carefully add puree, cumin and salt to the pot. Cook down (simmer about 20 minutes)
until thickened and most of liquid is evaporated (should yield about half of what you started with). Add browned meat, hominy,
cilantro (save a little on the side) and remaining broth and simmer gently uncovered stirring occasionally for about another 20 minutes.

Serve chili in bowls with pumpkin seeds, cilantro and queso cheese on the top and crusty bread on the side!

You will not regret it Ultimatedude. It is off the chain good!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu