An Amazingly Simple but Complex Dinner

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Jerk Chicken and Rubble

Had a wonderful dinner tonight that has some friendly history. Snake Charmer use to come to my house once a week to cook. We share this commonality among many others. These are his recipes; although with some slight enhancements. If you want to rock somebodies taste buds - Serve this!

Jerk Chicken

I have added habenaro (I think Fred does this as well). I like to use a whole chicken with the back bone cut out and lay on the grill. I grill at 325-350 degrees for 90 minutes. (see pictures)

From Fred Presson
Yield Marinade for 1 chicken

Category Marinade
Cuisine Jamaican

Ingredients
1 Teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Cup green onions (chopped)
6 Large jalapenos (diced)
2 Habenaros (Optional)
1/2 Cup white vinegar
1/4 Cup Soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
4 Garlic cloves pressed

Directions
Finely Chop the peppers and garlic (or put into a food processor)
2. Mix marinade together and soak chicken for 24 hours or longer. More jalapenos can be added (and habanero) if hotter flavor is desired.
2. BBQ chicken and enjoy

World Famous Rubble

From Fred Presson
Time Prep 1 hour
Yield 4-6 Servings

Category Vegetable
Cuisine American

Ingredients
Radishes
Celery
3 Serrano peppers
Asparagus
Green apples
Carrots
Cilantro
Green onions
Bell peppers (red & Yellow)
Unsalted nuts (I like walnuts and pecans)
Dried Blueberry's
Craisins
Rice wine vinegar
(any crunchy vegetable)

Directions
1. Chop ingredients into 1/4"x1/4" chunks. Amount of various ingredients is up to personal taste. Toss and serve individually adding vinegar to individual taste. I generally do not put the nuts or the raisins/dried fruit and vinegar until its time to serve and do so in individual bowls. This way the vegetable will keep in the refrigerator and you can snack on it for days (stays fresher)

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    846.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1475.JPG
    IMG_1475.JPG
    758.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    858.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    800.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    816.9 KB · Views: 30
You forgot one key step to the marinade, place the marinade in a food processor and puree the ingredients. I like to let the chicken marinade for a day or two, also I usually use about half a dozen habaneros in the marinade. p.s. this marinade is great on pork and fish

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu