Another D-16 San Diego Buck

Hey Toad,

What was the distance you shot this big guy at. Another Great deer. You seem to get some good one every year. I looked at filling my doe tag yesterday but I couldn't get any closer than 600 yards away. If I would have shot it I would still be there bring it in.

I leave for PA Saturday

Checking camera cards today I ran across my deer on game cam.

Attachments

• PRMS1126 paintlowqu.jpg
    PRMS1126 paintlowqu.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 198
toad said:
Here is a better antler picture. He had an eyeguard on only one side. I knew Fletcher years ago and learned at great deal through his wonderfull local hunting stories. I hope to see him again someday. That rifle is a .308 I had shortened for brush hunting. Recoil is pretty sharp with this small set up and I had trouble in the beginning keeping the scope anchored down. I use a matching set up in .223 for similar terrain as a predator calling rifle. The only thing I would do different next time is change the hammer to a modern swivel kind and maybe stainless steel since it takes a lot of abuse.

I've heard rumors or read somewhere there is a local guy who has the skull cleaning beetles. Can someone confirm this and point me in the right direction?
Jon Chambers 619-507-7502

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu