Another newb joining the party

Jacobo2012

Oct 27, 2018
Hello everyone I thought I'd start off by introducing myself before I start asking away with questions! My names Jacob Owens I'm 24 and I've been hunting about 4 years now started off rifle hunting deer and had no luck for a few years and got into bow hunting. I harvested my first buck with a bow and I'm now hooked. I am constantly thinking about hunting big game. I live in Bakersfield Ca and hunt d8 and d13. I've obtained most of the essential gear needed to back pack hunt and plan on getting in deep to some untouched country. Just need to purchase a few more items. I'm also now addicted to elk hunting as I had the opportunity to help a buddy on a life time tag in idaho where we were chasing bulls all day every day we were there we just couldnt seal the deal I called in two very nice bills for him into 50 yards. Maybe next time we will capitalize. Thanks for reading and hope to be able to gain and share some knowledge with all!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu