Any bucks left in A-31?!

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
A lot of people have been asking if we left anymore deer in A-31... Well we did! (For next year 8) ). So This morning I asked my dad if he could give me a ride to the spot where I shot my buck so I could see what bucks are still hanging around. After a quick hike over a couple ridges, I got to the vantage point Where I wanted to be. As soon as light came up I spotted a velvet buck, a small fork and a doe. I pulled a stalk on them just to get some pictures and got within 30 yards of them. I followed them as they continued feeding up a ridge. The deer met up with a group of does a couple hundred yards later. I thought to myself "man, this morning can't get any better".
All the deer crested over the ridge we were on and I lost sight of them, I finally got to where the deer went over and holy cr**p was I in for a suprise. The deer I was following met up with even more deer! On a flat across from me was about 6 bucks. A couple of forkies we've been seeing all season, a big fork with a with a weird club antler and a monster 4x3. I have never seen this guy before, I'm guessing he was about 24-26 inches wide. All the bucks were chasing does. I wish I could've got a better picture of the bigger buck but he didn't stick around long enough. I was probably 50 yards (max) away from all the deer. Scouting really Pays off guys! My uncle still has a tag so we will be out there chasing these boys in a couple days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 227
Great job! That's what I'll be doing the next 10 months: hunting with a camera. But I doubt I'll get such good looks as you. Great skills!

Sent via Tapatalk

Nice! I've been doing a little scouting around while coyote calling so far I've seen 4 legal bucks, but I keep forgetting to take my sister camera lol

1 more week and still haven't got close to seeing as much as you guys.

Sent from my Torque

Great post. My spot is all dry this time of year, but I'll be out anyways just to stick it out. Good luck to all.

ultimatedude said:
went out this morning and last sunday with my A31 and pulled an egg....gonna try one last time sunday for the season...!!!!

Good luck out there! I'm taking my kids to the airport at 5am then heading up the mountain to do some scouting/hunting with the camera.

Got up with a head cold this morning but still managed to make it out for the afternoon hunt. Didn't see anything. Better luck next year I guess. Can't wait to get out with the AR on some yotes.

Gteam1 said:
As soon as light came up I spotted a velvet buck, a small fork and a doe. I pulled a stalk on them just to get some pictures and got within 30 yards of them. I followed them as they continued feeding up a ridge. The deer met up with a group of does a couple hundred yards later.

I need to try and pull a stalk on Gteam! I think I might learn more from watching you guys move through the forest than watching the deer! Haha. Good job and great pics.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu