Any known Jackrabbit hunting guides here in SoCal?

I have a good jackrabbit spot in SD, might not be as productive as in those videos you posted but we always shoot a few every time. PM me around November, there's a deer in there I'm looking for and I don't wanna ruin my chances with it chasing jackrabbits early on.

Like most newbies you are overthinking it. You live in so cal right? So get up early, O'dark 30 and get out on the road. A good place, if you will do your homework is out the 14 freeway. You are looking to be out standing on the ground at dawn. For spots, use the BLM locator maps.

When you get there start walking with the rising sun at your back. Look for those ears. Hopefully you sighted in your gun. Now blast and go pick them up!

Then come back and tell us how much fun you had.

TonyS said:
Like most newbies you are overthinking it. You live in so cal right? So get up early, O'dark 30 and get out on the road. A good place, if you will do your homework is out the 14 freeway. You are looking to be out standing on the ground at dawn. For spots, use the BLM locator maps.

When you get there start walking with the rising sun at your back. Look for those ears. Hopefully you sighted in your gun. Now blast and go pick them up!

Then come back and tell us how much fun you had.
Thanks for the tips,only reason I asked was because I'm thinking of starting a guide service within the next few months here in SoCal.Been hunting a long time,just new here.https://youtu.be/Osc73EzYC-s

Reactions: Herson
i figured that was why you were asking that. Ya know Crossman i bet you could make a few bucks guiding people to shoot rabbits and yotes. Happy to have you on our site bro

Aeon said:
i figured that was why you were asking that. Ya know Crossman i bet you could make a few bucks guiding people to shoot rabbits and yotes. Happy to have you on our site bro
Thank you so much for the support,not wanting to retire off the whole thing but would mainly be nice to help young hunters learn the ropes.Have fun too ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu