Any luck for A31?

raekit

Sep 9, 2014
Tustin, CA
How's it going for everyone hunting A31? Any luck so far?
I've been out a couple of times and bumped a few , but nothing so far. Grateful to have a few more weeks of hunting left in socal.

raekit said:
How's it going for everyone hunting A31? Any luck so far?
I've been out a couple of times and bumped a few , but nothing so far. Grateful to have a few more weeks of hunting left in socal.

I've went out last weekend and didn't see any deer. I'm only 3 years into hunting the late season A31 so I'm not sure how to do it. After rifle season I usually stop seeing deer. I hunt more near Wrightwood/Vincent gap area. Should I try lower elevations in the late season or does it matter?

I have never hunted rifle locally and this is only my 2nd year with my bow in A31. I went out today and saw two doe, one a ways off and one I got to make a little stalk on, but to no avail. I also ran into another bow hunter and he helped my out a ton. It seems it's important to glass, but in the area I am hunting it is more important to sit on a game trail. It seems that is how everyone is having success in the hills I'm in because the brush is so thick. Best of luck out there.

It was also a ton of fun today as I got to take my boy out, glass with him, and do some good hiking. He is five and loved every minute of it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu