Anybody use these?

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
Anybody ever use these things? I've been a backpacker for years and usually trecking through some very wet, rainy country. I've been sleeping under a tarp for the last few years and always trying different configurations. I picked these up off of Amazon for 3 bucks each. I have two large and two small ones. The small ones are super lite weight, the bigger ones are probably a few Oz's. Anyways, I usually just use some paracord for my ridge line and tie a taut-line hitch knot and go from there, but these things can get your ridge line crazy tight and especially when the rope get wet and starts to sag. Just yank on your rope and booyah.. Anyways, just though I'd see if anyone else has used these things?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Just picked up 4 of them!!! Hey did unbutton small or large size ?

I have them in my pack and use them for suspending the pack from my tree stand. Very handy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu