Anybody using an inReach

I just got one.... to replace a sattelite phone for Alaska trips and emergency button when scouting and hunting by myself. It also has a weather forcast feature that is very helpful where the weather can kill you. Ed F

@Lungpopper ,

did you end up purchasing the inreach and if so which one did you end up getting?

I just purchased the Inreach SE+, I don’t need the gps aspect due to my phone although it is always a good back up. That being said I got the SE+ because if i break my phone I can text out on the bigger model then the trying to text on the mini.

the added weight is worth the piece of mind.

Reactions: Lungpopper
@Lungpopper ,

did you end up purchasing the inreach and if so which one did you end up getting?

I just purchased the Inreach SE+, I don’t need the gps aspect due to my phone although it is always a good back up. That being said I got the SE+ because if i break my phone I can text out on the bigger model then the trying to text on the mini.

the added weight is worth the piece of mind.

I have not bought one yet. Leaning towards the mini.
Right now I’m just going to wait and see how this corona thing works out. The hunt we are planning on is on hold for now. Can’t get the tags.
But if those tags become available I’ll jump on both the tags and the InReach.
Where did you get the SE.? From my research Amazon was the cheapest with Costco right behind them.

Reactions: TRICER
Right now I’m just going to wait and see how this corona thing works out. The hunt we are planning on is on hold for now. Can’t get the tags.
Where did you get the SE.? From my research Amazon was the cheapest with Costco right behind them.
We are going hunting somewhere you can count on that. There is always a way!

I like my SE+ I got the cheap plan and just keep it year round. Leave it in the truck just in case something ever happens. Preset messages are simple and unlimited. GPS feature is cool. Overall it is an ease to use. Recommended for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Se+ as well. Pay for service year round, great for boat trips out of cell range as well as hunting. I have found it to generally be pretty poor at getting messages out in deep canyons or occasionally just when up against a big cliff.

I ended up just ordering it from basspro, Amazon was the cheapest, but I had a gift card that made it basically the same price out of pocket as amazon and BP had free 2 day shipping.

i hear you about your out of state trip. I wanted to run to Idaho and chase bears with my buddy’s next month and clearly that’s a no go.

I've had a DeLorme InReach for a couple of years now and a Spot before that. I used to do a lot of dirt bike riding and most of where we went didn't have cell coverage. Fortunately, we never had to use the 911 function but it did come in very handy when one of my buddies looped his bike off a hillside. He was able to text us his exact location and tell us how much rope and what tackle we would need to bring his bike out of the ravine. Good times.

I just used it a month ago. We were scouting in D9. Three of us went up early and the other two guys came up later. I texted one of the late guys with our exact location before they left cell coverage and then he used his InReach to let me know when they knew what their timing was.

Like others, I won't go in the back country without it. I like mine because it pairs with my phone but I can always text from the device without too much difficulty. It's not tiny but it is smaller than my phone.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Pulled the trigger on the mini today, been eyeballing it for awhile. Figure I'm saving enough money on gas while on quarantine to justify the purchase. Most of the time I'm out solo and I like the peace of mind of having a lifeline if things go south.

Reactions: YETI

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu