Anyone ever dove hunt the Northern Chimineas area?

KingSlug

Jul 27, 2015
My boy was selected for the Northern Chiminieas area of the Carrizo Plains Eco Reserve for a dove hunt Dec 10. So we are heading out there with a Bakersfield friend. Anyone ever hunt in that area? I wanted to look at the area because they do have elk, pig and deer. Just taking the regular dove bucket, unless you guys have suggestions.

KingSlug

Is this access only for dove? And is it special access in which you can drive to places not normally accessed?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have spent a bunch of time up that way. Lots of good country. I have seen many different species of game in the area at all different times of the year.

Its a jr dove hunt we signed up on , a drive on in the north side. I am calling Monday, but the guide I received mentions pig/quail/dove/rabbit opportunities. I have looked a little and doesnt seem much info about the area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu