Anyone in the Ventura area?

Firewalker1

Aug 27, 2015
Hey! I am looking for some hunting friends around Ventura. I am a wildland firefighter but I am taking this year off due to my wife and I having a kid 3 weeks ago. So I am no stranger to the woods, I've spent plenty of days and nights in the los padres and forests all over the states. I have two dogs one is full blood coonhound, the other is half lab half coonhound. I am just starting to train my lab for quail before this season starts. I have a 12 gauge, bow, 22, and 223. I am really open to hunt everything, although I mostly hunt quail.
I am looking for someone to hunt with, I know a few quail spots but not much else down here. I don't know if I'm a bad hunter or just too broke to really get into it haha. I've tried hunting deer for 4 years (hard to time it right during fire season), turkey, grouse, chukar, and pheasant with no luck.
Let me know if you want or need a new hunting friend

FF1,

Welcome to SCH..........Looks like you might have found someone already.........Good luck this season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu