Anyone use Savage 11THXP 22-250?

I'm a fan of the Savage line of rifles, and have killed a lot of stuff with my Savage 111. I'm not familiar with that particular model but that's an excellent caliber for coyotes and bobcats. Screamin' fast and flat.

Below is what you are referring too:

11/111 Trophy Hunter XP MFG part #19678 (Savage 19678 11 Trophy Hunter XP 22/250 Rem 22" Blue BBL SynStck DBM)

The rifle is an entry level rifle that sells for about $549.00. It comes scoped with a Nikon MFG part #6722 ProStaff 11 3-9x40 Matte BDC Riflescope (MSRP is $199.00) and the mounting hardware is some Chinese made stuff that is horrid.

Like all Savage rifles - what really makes them accurate is simple; the floating bolt face. It works and many more expensive rifle makers have incorporated the design.

For the money - its a accurate rifle and it is ready to shoot (sort of). All of the mounting hardware needs to be disassembled, de-greased and reassembled with a torque wrench. Then bore sighted.

Savage is a good company. And like Rebel Hunter said above, the 22-250 is a 22 caliber freight train.

Parting thoughts:

For $75 more you could get a Ruger American with a Leupold 3-9X40 and Leupold PRW rings. Hmmmm?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu