Anyone with .17 WSM experience?

atombombmx

Jan 1, 2014
Pacific Beach
I recently picked up a B.Mag from Fine Firearms at the Del Mar Show. I have only sent a few rounds through it since ammo has been hard to find. I'm just wondering if anyone has one and how accurate it is. A 2 1/2" group at 100yds has been the average. I was expecting much better performance. I've seen posts elsewhere that some people say they are tack drivers and others can't keep rounds on paper. Hoping someone here has some info.

Attachments

• Bmag.jpg
    Bmag.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 14
You'll have to try different loads and see which one "fits" you gun.
Do you plan on reloading your own rounds?
If not..you should try it. It's fun and you get to tailor make rounds that shoot great through you rifle.
I have a Savage 270 and can consistently shoot sub one inch groups at 100 yards.
That's with my loads and neck sized only.

Jim, I do lots of reloading in all of my centerfire calibers but this is a rimfire. There are only two rounds available at present. 20grain and 25grain. Both are polymer tipped and I'm sure will be outstanding on small game and varmints. A jacketed hollow point is planned from what I see also.
The 20gr at 3000 fps is the only thing I've tried so far. I just picked up 2 boxes of the 25gr so I will be testing them also.
Thanks for your input.

Well, after my prolonged case of cranial rectal inversion, I have removed my head and can now get oxygen to my brain. ;)

At least now I feel like a dumb a$$ for not really looking at the caliber you were talking about.
I assume you know about sorting each round by length.
With rim fires I try to keep mine with in +- .002 lengths if I'm shooting for accuracy.

I'm really curious how well it shoots after the barrel breaks in.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu