AO tag???

S

stikbrandon

hey guy i have a buddy that has an AO tag. i was wondering if he could hunt the late season A22 since it is for the archery season . we are confused and cant get a cut and dry answer

and info would be great ! thanks guys

Short answer, NO.

AO: Valid during the archery and general seasons in the A, B and D Zones and Hunt G-10(Archery Methods Only); NOT valid during any C or X Zone season or hunt.

A-22 is a split season, either sex tag that is specific to San Diego. If he doesn't have an A-22 tag, he's out of luck come November 25th when D-16 (or your AO) season ends.

Check out the DFG websites. It explains it pretty well there and gives the dates of each season.

so could u hunt the first part of the A22 season ??? cause A22is a season in D16 zone ..
and if its valid durning the archery season in a,b,d zones than that should make it a valid tag in the second half of the A22 Archery season ????

A22 is completely different than D16. First go check the boundaries, they are not the same. A22 is a specialty tag for either sex, not to be used for any other season or tag. The tags may overlap, but are not the same.

The AO Is a tag that CBH (CALIFORNIA BOWMEN HUNTERS) fought for to give archery hunters more opportunity to hunt. The AO tag allows you to hunt GENERAL BUCK SEASONS in A-B-D zones

You can hunt the D-16 archery only preseason which starts the same day as A-22 but it ends before A-22 does. So in San Diego with an AO tag you can hunt D-16 archery 9/1 thru 9/23, and then D-16 general 10/27 thru 11/25. So the only reason to buy this tag is so you can hunt multible zones in ca, or every thing else is sold out.

I'm not getting any work done anyway, why doesn't everyone come over to my office and we'll fling some arrows in the parking lot. I'm sure my boss will be ok with it.....

Breacher said:
I'm not getting any work done anyway, why doesn't everyone come over to my office and we'll fling some arrows in the parking lot. I'm sure my boss will be ok with it.....
Yeah that will go over well.But then again you could prob get us out of trouble.OK Im on my way over.

Invisible man said:
Breacher said:
Yeah that will go over well.But then again you could prob get us out of trouble.OK Im on my way over.

Either that or I'll be in trouble with you.....But at least we'll be havin fun!

Breacher said:

Message me some time if that was a real post

Sdbirds said:
Breacher said:

Message me some time if that was a real post

Haha, the thought was real but I'd probably lose my job if it really happened. It would be fun as heck though!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu