Apache rifle case thoughts

Rocked and Loaded

Mar 29, 2021
I picked up one of the Apache 9800 rifle cases from harbor freight while they were on special. Seems sturdy enough for the price.

Any thoughts on how to configure the rifle in there? How do you guys with similarly sized cases set them up?

IMG_7483.jpeg

I picked up one of the Apache 9800 rifle cases from harbor freight while they were on special. Seems sturdy enough for the price.

Any thoughts on how to configure the rifle in there? How do you guys with similarly sized cases set them up?

View attachment 61522
Not a lot of options. But I would flip it over so scope is near handle, and remove bolt. That is what I do when ever I borrow a rifle.

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
It is a two gun case. If you remove the bolt, wrap it in a sock.
That’s what I was thinking but I’m not sure what pair makes sense.

Down the road it’d make sense to put mine and my sons guns together but he’s not there yet.

And I don’t need two center-fire rifles. Maybe a shotgun or a .22?

The thing is that the foam is pick and pluck and I figure I’ll be stuck with whatever configuration I go with.

Last edited:
Remember you can buy more foam as well. Twin mattress toppers are like $25 on Amazon as well if you mess something up but the squeeze method @NBK mentioned is good.

My one experience flying with a gun proved that airlines are incredibly rough with rifles. They broke my scope. I would also strongly reconsider traveling long distances with no backup rifle.

Remember you can buy more foam as well. Twin mattress toppers are like $25 on Amazon as well if you mess something up but the squeeze method @NBK mentioned is good.

My one experience flying with a gun proved that airlines are incredibly rough with rifles. They broke my scope. I would also strongly reconsider traveling long distances with no backup rifle.
I don’t know if that makes sense unless I have two in the same chambering.

I have heard that some guys going to Africa carry a second scope as backup and have them both zeroed in and installed with detachable rings like Warne.

I have one and flown with it and drug it around all sorts of places. I ended up taking out quite a bit of foam, and using a soft case on my gun and then put that inside the hard case it’s a little hard to close that way but I the gun is in there solid. I’ve worked in the airline industry before and they tell you your bags don’t get thrown, but they get hammered when loaded into planes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu