AR15 that's Featureless, can I get back my Mag-Drop button now? Rather than this Bullet-Button crap?

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
AR15 that's Featureless, (has a Thorsden stock) can I get back my Mag-Drop button back now? Rather than this douchey Bullet-Button crap?

And who makes a good replacement Trigger group with a light pull? Like in the 3.5-4.5# range?

AR15 that's Featureless, (has a Thorsden stock) can I get back my Mag-Drop button back now? Rather than this douchey Bullet-Button crap?

And who makes a good replacement Trigger group with a light pull? Like in the 3.5-4.5# range?

Yes and HYPERFIRE

Reactions: Goyaałé
No evil features, no bullet button. Please consult with your lawyer for any and all ar15 questions.

Ok for the triggger get this

Its pretty much purfect. Now if you want even lighter get the national match version. If you want a bit more get the standard ssa trigger

How to go bout geting back my Mag Drop button? vs this douchey bullet button non-sense?

Meh... I'm more of Bushmill's / Tullamore Dew guy myself... but what does your favorite drink have to do with the conversation at hand @NBK ?

larry does it with ease....

How to go bout geting back my Mag Drop button? vs this douchey bullet button non-sense?
There is a tool to remove the old one. But since your not going to reuse it you can just stick a drill bit in the hole and go to town. Then put a normal one in which you'll have to buy. Make sure you've removed the flash suppressor and replaced it with a brake or thread protector. Anything that is left of the bullet button should be taped to a target.

I have an SSA trigger. Which is about 4.5. If you want 3.5 then get the SSA-E.

I just got done dropping all my evil parts to go featureless to get my mag release back. totally worth it to me.

I got to go to shot show this year and play with all the geissele triggers, cant go wrong with any of them. all super crisp!!! just find one that fits your budget.

larry does it with ease....

Um... WTH does this have to do with me wanting to convert my castrated mag-release with it's "bullet-button" adaptation... back to being a standard ol' Mag-Release like the way they were originally intended to function?

There is a tool to remove the old one. But since your not going to reuse it you can just stick a drill bit in the hole and go to town. Then put a normal one in which you'll have to buy. Make sure you've removed the flash suppressor and replaced it with a brake or thread protector. Anything that is left of the bullet button should be taped to a target.

I have an SSA trigger. Which is about 4.5. If you want 3.5 then get the SSA-E.

Yeah I already changed out the standard A2 Flash Hider for a Yankee Hill one. Put on that "Meh" Thorsden stock that doesn't let you put it back on safety without using your other hand. I'm just waiting for a lawsuit to happen because of that so we can all go back to standard grips.

RE: "Just stick a drill bit in the hole and go to town" Sorry... but when it comes to firearms I like a lot more specific instruction. Call me crazy, but I like to know thru-and-thru what I'm getting into BEFORE attempting it with a firearm. Could you possibly expand upon your instructions there a wee bit?

I just got done dropping all my evil parts to go featureless to get my mag release back. totally worth it to me.

I got to go to shot show this year and play with all the geissele triggers, cant go wrong with any of them. all super crisp!!! just find one that fits your budget.
What do you do to get the mag release itself back? That part is my question at the moment.

If you bought it featureless, I think the screw that holds the bullet button/mag retention device was supposed to be tamper proof or peened over. I think the only way to remove it is to drill it out.
I bought mine as a striped lower, so I added the bullet button, then the mag lock contraption myself and knew how to remove them.

lol was showing you how to take the evil grip off so you can then remove the bullet button........

lots of youtube videos on how to take off your bullet button and return it to factory mag release

• Love
Reactions: TheGDog
You just take a 1/4" drill bit (same size as hole) and put it into the bullet button hole and start drilling until the latch falls out the other side. The way the bullet button housing is designed it shouldn't damage anything other then the bullet button parts and the latch. If you had the tool you could save the latch.

A new latch, button, and spring can be had for less then $10 for palmetto state armory or someplace.

You can get and ambi safety, or an extended safety that you can reach with your thumb or trigger finger.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Hmmph... learn something new everyday! Thanks Man!
I think resurgent arms makes an extended safety and sparrow dynamics that makes a clockable ambi that you can just flick forward with your trigger finger. They both makes featureless grips too if you ever decide that Thordson is heavier then want.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I had to drill mine out.. and installed the hellfighter tactical with the standard mag release. First I bought a bullet button tool and that didn't work and then I tryed heating it with a torch to loosen the loctite and still no go..but drilled out nicely and got it switched out.

Ok, thank you for sharing your experiences @Horto619 ... and @SteveHazard ... a drill it is then! Just ordered a new standard Mag Release kit.

@Larry I totally forgot that I started to drill out but then I tryed another method. I used my bullet button tool to press in the mag release and was able to use a dremel with a small cut off wheel to cut through the mag release from the other side. Not sure if that makes sense but it worked really well. I was worried I'd slip up and mess up while drilling so I tryed the above method. Below the red line shows where I cut with the cut off wheel. Hope this helps.

Reactions: TheGDog

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu