Archery D16 this weekend

What's up guys, can someone explain to me just how exactly bow season begins before rifle season... if I have a D16 tag or a D19 tag.. is it legal to hunt with my compound bow pre rifle season? How does that work... does an A22 archery tag cover the D16 area and just begin earlier than D16 rifle season? Was trying to find out online how this all works but can't come up with a definite answer. I have a nice hunting bow rig but always thought it was a separate tag from your standard rifle tags

What's up guys, can someone explain to me just how exactly bow season begins before rifle season... if I have a D16 tag or a D19 tag.. is it legal to hunt with my compound bow pre rifle season? How does that work... does an A22 archery tag cover the D16 area and just begin earlier than D16 rifle season? Was trying to find out online how this all works but can't come up with a definite answer. I have a nice hunting bow rig but always thought it was a separate tag from your standard rifle tags
d16 is an archery and general season tag. A22 is an Archery only either sex tag. All Archery for D16 and A22 tag started the 2nd. Check dates A22 goes a little longer but stops during general season D16 and then starts up again towards end of General season and goes till end of the year.

Attachments

• IMG_4882.PNG
    IMG_4882.PNG
    151.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4883.PNG
    IMG_4883.PNG
    146.7 KB · Views: 30
d16 is an archery and general season tag. A22 is an Archery only either sex tag. All Archery for D16 and A22 tag started the 2nd. Check dates A22 goes a little longer but stops during general season D16 and then starts up again towards end of General season and goes till end of the year.
To add to Cali's post.
A22 zone is San Diego county.
D16 zone is bigger and expanse outside of San Diego county.

Thank you guys for the information! CaliRidgeRunner those were the exact regulations I was looking for when I bought my bow a while ago to get into bow hunting. Appreciate it

According to those regulations, archery with a general D19 tag starts September 2 through September 24.. and then the general season stars on October 7. Is this correct ??

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the information! CaliRidgeRunner those were the exact regulations I was looking for when I bought my bow a while ago to get into bow hunting. Appreciate it

According to those regulations, archery with a general D19 tag starts September 2 through September 24.. and then the general season stars on October 7. Is this correct ??
Yes thats what it looks like

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu