Archery D16 this weekend

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Everyone is so geeked about dove opener, I haven't heard of anyone chasing deer this weekend. Who all his hitting the hills with their bow? I am hiking out to my spot Friday afternoon staying three nights and hiking out Monday. It is going to be a hot one and possibly a little wet, but I figure my odds will be much better than if I stay home. I have an A-22 and D16 to fill for local deer this year. Hope to see some of your deer posted up on here after this weekend. It's the greatest time of year gentleman, hunting season.

IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1911.PNG

Last edited:
I am hoping to make it out there Sunday. Starting glassing early and try and spot and stalk. Hopefully the heat is not to brutal on us! Good luck

See you in the hills. Rifle was too easy in a way...2 years ago on opening day, my first time big game hunting I got a nice buck. Last year I passed a nice buck to let my friend shoot. Last year opener I could've easily taken a good buck, and passed on another decent one mid season. So I got a bow and signed up for a22. I've been scouting hard and feel like I have a really good chance at a doe and a decent chance at some bucks. Hitting the valley on Friday for dove the straight home for a22 opener. Good luck to everyone else, pm me if you are in need of help packing meat out. Always willing to help someone out.

That's the beauty of A-22.....Not necessary hunting this early season.....Now, if you have a D-16 and you want to hunt archery, now's your time.
That's what I'm thinking... saw the temps for this weekend and plan to pick up the shotgun. I'll pick up my bow in November.

Good luck everybody. I gotta buddy who's been watching a giant on public I need one of my old areas. He found one of his sheds and it had 6 points on one side not including brow tines. Hopefully he kills him Saturday.

I'll be hunting D16 in an area where I've seen plenty of Dove each time I scouted for deer. If no buck comes by before 10:30am then I may stop by the truck to exchange the bow for my 12gauge to bring a few Dove home (but I won't fire the shotgun if there are any other deer hunters around).

Good luck to all of us

SoCal desert for 10 days staring Friday. Came back from scouting 2 weeks ago and found a couple solid spots. Spotted a couple decent bucks bedded until we got hit by a nice thunderstorm and gulley washer. Should make for some challenging and fun adventures. Spot and stalk. Looking forward to the backpacking with my brothers and getting some fresh meat for the freezer. When I get back I plan on backpacking into D16 and getting in some stalks. Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: turkeyman 85

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu