are carbide dies worth the money?

mangycoyote

Feb 7, 2013
Ive been looking around for some dies for 243. Ive been considering going the with less expensive route with Lee dies. Until I found some Lyman carbide 3 set dies for 62$. Anybody using carbide dies for rifle loads? Just wondering if its better to spring a little extra now. Thanks

They are worth it for pistol reloading. Haven't seen 3 die carbide rifle dies before (or 2 dies for that matter).

Standard .243 dies will work just fine.

Bottle neck cases still need to be lubed so the carbide is useless.

For dies I like redding. Great customer service, lots of options and the micro bullet seating-crimping die is the bomb

I've found the best benefit comes from adding NuFinish to my tumbler. This helps resizing go so much smoother. Still have to lube them, but it makes a difference.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu