Are you a Bowhunter ?

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Are you a Bowhunter? Then you really should look into joining CBH

CBH I encourage all of you bow-hunters to join CBH. ( California Bowmen Hunters) Especially you guys that are killing those big bucks every year. Its only 35 bucks a year and you get a monthly newsletter, and a discount at 3D shoots. The money goes to help fight the legal fight for our hunting rights. With your membership you can enter all of your archery bucks 80 inches and above from past years for 10 bucks each. San Diego is very unrepresented in the CBH record book, and its only because no one is entering them. Once it is entered it is there forever, so some day your kids can show your grandkids your name and stats in the book. “Pretty Cool to have your name on the same page with some of California’s top bowhunters from past and present. It’s a way to challenge yourself as a trophy hunter and see how your buck stacks up against the all-time records. In So Cal we hunt Pacific Hybrid Deer, so there are different categories for Mule deer, and Blacktail.

Example: Invisible Man’s tall and very symmetrical 3x3 from last year would be in the top #35 for Pacific Hybrid.

DO IT !!!!!

http://www.cbhsaa.net/index_files/Mmbrshp.html

Great Post Jim. Thanks for getting that information out there.

I acually have the app sitting next to my laptop right now I got it from Nate Treadwell,and I just haven't sent it in yet.I will do it in the next couple days.But I prob won't submit anything to the book.I really only care if my hunting buddies see them.But I have a couple turkeys that would rank very well in the book.But not get off the subject at hand .We all should join bow hunter or not they really need our support as a hunting community.

"We all should join bow hunter or not they really need our support as a hunting community"

I agree I printed the app out last night.Will get it filled out and in the mail this weekend.

Yeah great info Jim, I knew very little about CBH, I will concider joining if it fits the bill, Thanks for sharing the info.

And you crack me up Invisible Man!

Lungpopper said:
Jim is there a link to see who the official big game scorers are?
When does the next big game record book come out?

I don't think there is a link to the records. As you can see from the old school website they are low budget and run by guys not to savvy with todays web design. They could take a few tips from SCH. The new book should come out in the next 6-12 months I would guess. Still time to get your bucks, pigs and turkey entered.

I think you have to buy a copy or borrow one from a buddy to see the records.You can't veiw them on line.So Darryl let us all know when you buy one so we can all borrow yours.Thanks in advance. ::)

Invisible man said:
I think you have to buy a copy or barrow one from a buddy to see the records.You can't veiw them on line.So Darryl let us all know when you buy one so we can all barrow yours.Thanks in advance. ::)

Why wait. I can rent you my CBH book from 1995. If you rent it for three days I'll give you the fourth day free.

It’s official Cameron Hanes will be speaking at the next CBH banquet next year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu