Are your knives ready?

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
all knives.jpg b knives.jpg paper result.jpg sw knives.jpg You may be ready, but are your knives?
I had several knives that were brand new, and were pretty sharp from the factory, but not sharp enough.
I got these Smith and Wesson knives, that i didn't think to much of, but I liked the functionality of the 3 knife kit. Made several calls and emails to a mobile sharpening outfit, with no reply. Finally i made a call to a knife specialty shop in the Miramar are called "The knife Merchant" He looked at my knives, and told me for all 6 knives it would be $15. (3) with a carbon service, and the others with a polish. He even sharpened the gut hook.
I am very pleased with the results. I've had razors that didn't cut this well. I have been told that just because they are new doesn't mean they are sharp. The store owner confirmed this. Only one of these knives were used, and they are all considerable sharper.
I recommend you get this done, and I recommend this shop. There was some nice eye candy in there, and I'm not talking about the knives.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Thanks for the reminder. Need to check my leatherman if all is well.
Share the pics of the eye candy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu