Are your stands still up?

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
I wanted to know how many of you leave your stands up all year, or if you remove them?
Maybe you leave em in the same spot year after year or you wait till the weekend before the opener to put it up in that perfect spot.

Mine was up on the hill the last time I climbed out of it, I am thinking about going to get it next weekend and setting up the trail camera. Gonna start scouting after taking the last couple months off.

Mine are still up. I usually pull them during the beginning of turkey season when I'm up there. Most of the time it seems like there is snow at the end of the season so i wait till its gone before I make the hike in to retrieve them.

Took both of mine down 1st week in Jan. I'm always worried that the tree will grow just enough making the strap/chain to tight causing me to cut my stand off the tree!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu