Arizona Hunters Ed Required?

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Going to be heading out to AZ to hunt some dogs and I finally pulled one of my long time buddies into going to help me glass. He is not a licensed hunter, yet.

Does Anyone know if hunters Ed class is required in Arizona for adults? I found both yes it’s required and have found only required for under age 14. One site was selling hunters Ed classes and one was not.

When I created my account a few years ago I had to submit all my California certificates but I was applying for trapping permits which also satisified my Hunting license requirements but not sure if I can bring a walk-on and have him purchase short term (1-2 day) license with out taking a class. Anyone know? Will be more fun if I can put a shotgun in his hand and run some dogs up his pant legs.

Oh man ...that's alot of stuff..I live in AZ....but here is what I would do...call AZ game and fish...get someone live...and have them walk you thru the steps...I think it's pretty simple here ...not like fckastan..and if he gonna hunt .he gonna need a license and or hunter Ed...to get said license...I think....maybe..

My understanding was yes for big game and no for small game/upland.

I’ve gone to Yuma for dove with guys who don’t have CA hunters ed and they bought the three day AZ small game license without any trouble.

Predator hunting but will be looking for big game sign in some of the OTC archery units. I think the Short Term combo should work for him, just enough to get him hooked on hunting.

I just looked at Az. DFG. Persons over the age of 14 are not required to take hunters ed class to be able to hunt Az. Disclaimer, the web page was not dated.

Does he have hunters ed in his home state? If so he doesn't need AZ hunters safety. Most the states all use the same online program now for hunters ED my 11 yo took an online class here in CA and used it in AZ I just needed email it to make sure it was applied to his account.

He can always pay the $300 and do the online AZ course and have a lifetime bonus point for all species applied to, lol. Money hungry bastards.

He can always pay the $300 and do the online AZ course and have a lifetime bonus point for all species applied to, lol. Money hungry bastards.
$300 isn’t that bad after gas hotel and food. I really enjoyed the day spent with other hunters and chatting. You hear some cool stories. We had a guy in mine that flew in from Australia just for a point.

The point goes towards any species application you apply for is my understanding.
Yup, putting in 5 years in a row for a species gets you a point also. You can enter every draw with a bare minimum of 2 points which is pretty cool.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu