Arizona Pigs

mnCountryBoy

Dec 11, 2012
San Diego, CA
Has anyone been hunting pigs in Arizona's 13B zone (NW corner)? I read that there aren't any licenses or tags required and even read an article about guys coming down from Utah and running them with dogs. I'm just wondering what kind of success people have been having and what type of habitat these critters like to hang out in. I'm planning a trip out there in a month to try getting some bacon but I'm going pretty much blind other than what I've read from the AZGFD.

I haven't heard anything about it, so its either really good and the guys getting them aren't talking about it or it sucks and there is nothing to talk about. But please let us know how it goes down. It would be really cool if you take lots of pics and post up a sweet report on your hunt over there. Good luck, hope you gettem.

Good luck Country. Looking forward to your report.

Sent via Tapatalk

ive heard about the hogs but havent got out their. Good luck kill a monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my friend and I went out last week and did a little backpacking/pig hunting. The weather was beautiful and we were the only people out there. The bad news is we didn't see any pigs. We DID find a lot of pig sign though.

The first day was a lot of hiking and glassing for movement from midday until dusk, but we didn't see anything. We camped up in the hills for the night and on our way out the next morning we found fresh (a few hours old) tracks from a solo pig in a creek bottom, leading up into the junipers. We followed those back into the pig stronghold! Not all of it was fresh but there were several areas with beds and scat and the tracks even lead us to some springs that weren't labeled on the maps we had. We only kept on the one pig but there were several other pigs that crossed those.

There are NO license requirements and NO tags for feral pigs in Arizona. They aren't considered wildlife and only the BLM keeps track of harvest and sightings through a voluntary survey. You do need a license for anything else though, like coyotes and rabbits. I talked to a guy from the AZ Game and Fish and he said the most successful guys use dogs or traps. Hunting them the way we were is the least effective but it's a lot of fun. I am hoping to get back out there in May.

Good stuff! Must have got your adrenaline going when you got into the thick stuff.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu