Arrow or broadhead suggestions

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Im getting a diamond bow with a 5-70 pound draw wieght i will be using it for deer and turkeys any arrow or broadhead suggestions?thanks in advance

D16hunter said:
Im getting a diamond bow with a 5-70 pound draw wieght i will be using it for deer and turkeys any arrow or broadhead suggestions?thanks in advance

If I were you I'd get down to your local bow shop and talk to the experts. See what options they have once you get your bow setup. Buy arrow shafts spined to your bow weight and draw length.

As for broadheads. Get sharp ones. Good shot placment is key.

No don't shoot it there. As a whole they are not that good,but the breast cut into strips and soaked in buttermilk and lightly batterd then lightly fried is hard to beat.Shoottem in the head or neck with a grim reaper.

Speaking of broadheads, has anyone heard of the turkey guillotine? I feel like they're so cool that for some reason they have to be illegal in california... I'm not sure. Does anyone have any experience with them or know where to buy them?

Go with micro arrows they go deeper shoot straighter and are coming down in price.
I think Performance Archery has the guillotine in stock.

Good luck!

In one side and out the other is about as deep as you can go. I like the skinny arrows for hunting but not 3-d,and I like to shoot the same arrow for every thing since I only have one bow. I seen a video of a turkey being killed with the guillotine, and it looks very lethal with a neck hit. But they may be hard to manage in your quiver, and I don't need any extra distractions while bow hunting.

Go with the Rage for turkey or their are others that are designed for turkey body shots. Head and neck shots are hard......my fav is the Texas heart shot!

The regular size arrows work but if you hit bone or hunt thicker animals the micros go deeper and can mean the difference in bringing home the meat or not.

IM why don't you like them for 3D? At the state BH last year my buddy was shooting them and ran into no problems. That's why I switched they were very accurate and held up the same as the regular ones and went deeper. Other than the cost seems they have more advantages.

I don't have a lot of experience with them, I was given one to try out at the 3-d range and it was harder to pull out of some of the targets. It seems like you needed some kind of adaptor for broad heads on those. I just try to keep it as simple as possible. I like the idea of being able to pull a nock off a buddies arrow if I have to, Or screw on any broad head in a pinch. I still have the one I was given maybe I should give it another chance. Never know. And instead of taking the Texas heart shot, just wait a few more seconds at full draw and he'll turn back around and you can put one through the base of his neck before he can react. Plus a texas bulls eye runs the broad head right through the poop and out the breast. Bad for the meat.

Now more BHs fit......do check them out they do go deeper and can be a bigger PIA pulling them out of targets.

When you switch you have to change almost everything that's why if your starting out new its a great time to do it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu