Assault Weapons registration.

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
Cool.. I never planned to register my 'assault weapons' anyway. Oh wait, they aren't even considered assault weapons anymore since I swapped out my flash hiders with brakes, and put a dumb fin on my grip, which actually makes it more dangerous IMO. Dumbest law!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CenterMass

Oct 28, 2013
There was no way I was going to register my AR. I installed the Hellfighter kit, which I believe was the easiest conversion kit. Still have to recharge the handle after a mag drop, but I got to KEEP all my AR's bad features, all for $60.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

ivhunter

Oct 23, 2012
imperial valley
There was no way I was going to register my AR. I installed the Hellfighter kit, which I believe was the easiest conversion kit. Still have to recharge the handle after a mag drop, but I got to KEEP all my AR's bad features, all for $60.
Is it similar to the MagLock ?

CenterMass

Oct 28, 2013
Reactions: ivhunter

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
I think it's better. Most mag lock kits, you have to pull the rear pin, which separates the upper from the lower all the way, the Hellfighter kit, just cracks the upper from the lower about ¼ of an inch, so your not holding an awkward separated rifle. Here is a link. http://www.ar-magmagnet.com/ca-conversion-kits/hellfighter-california-compliant-ar-mod-kit-for-ar-15-ar-10/
Out of curiosity, what benefit does this have over going featureless?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Horto619

May 17, 2018
San Diego
I went with the hellfighter kit as well! You can pick them up at Turners outdoor if there's one near you. My biggest issue was removing the bullet button because S&W uses loctite on their bb's.