AZ hunting

Duhonsr

Mar 31, 2013
RSM
Can anyone help me understand the process of javelina bow hunting in AZ? I want to do an out of state hunt with a friend in Az and not sure what the process is. Do I get a 3 day pass for regular hunting the get a tag? Or do I have to get in the drawing?

Any info will help, I went to the AZ fish and game sight, but just like California it hard for me to understand what is the legal way of going about things!

I grew up in Louisiana where getting hunting tags where as easy as buying mail stamps!!

Thanks, what do you mean by unit? Is that like a zone or area of hunt? Sorry if these are dumb question.

So general hunting, out of state
Then upland game, out of state
To hunt big game put in for out of state tag drawing

Never applied in AZ but have done some research. Here is a link for the units/ area you are applying for. On the same page, on the right side, you'll see "Hunt Arizona 2012: Survey, Harvest and Draw Data." Its a PDF file you download. Here you can find information that may help you decide on a particular unit to apply for.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunting_units.shtml

There are usually leftover tags in certain units for Javelina and Archery Deer is OTC in Arizona too. So the year long out of state license doesn't seem like such a waste if you get drawn. PM me as I'll be moving back to San Diego in about a month but will be hunting in Arizona every chance I get, dove opener is always awesome too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu