AZ Non-Resident Cap Loophole

Zak

Mar 30, 2019
As long as you do live in Yuma.... taxes, drivers license, vehicle registration.... They've prosecuted guys who claimed residency but were primarily living somewhere else. First thing I did was buy a lifetime license... I have one in California as well. Ed F

As long as you do live in Yuma.... taxes, drivers license, vehicle registration.... They've prosecuted guys who claimed residency but were primarily living somewhere else. First thing I did was buy a lifetime license... I have one in California as well. Ed F
^^^^All this^^^^ I know 2 guys that tried to get away with it. They lost their hunting privileges in 47 states, not sure if it was for 5 years or 7 years. They will catch you electronically. The states share info.

Reactions: MJB, NBK and TRICER
^^^^All this^^^^ I know 2 guys that tried to get away with it. They lost their hunting privileges in 47 states, not sure if it was for 5 years or 7 years. They will catch you electronically. The states share info.
Pretty sure I know of the same guys or at least similar story. I think it was the CA plates and Drivers licenses that did them in. Owning a place at the river doesn’t qualify you to be a resident in the big game draw.
If you are gonna do it make sure you really are there for 6 months because it’s not worth it otherwise.
Side note if my kids go to college in another western state I will make sure a lifetime license is purchased especially if it’s AZ.

Wow that's a steep penalty, and I recently read on GoHunt about a guy in Kansas who got a 5 year suspension for poaching 60 deer

Anyway not trying to game the system here, might be worth a legit relocation for 6 months for the great deal!

What was not mentioned is that you will still have to pay non-resident fees for all stamps, permits and tags. Not to mention State income tax for 2 states in the year you do it. It's not like CA, tags are not all that easy to get especially for elk and pronghorn.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu