AZ OTC Archery Partner Wanted

Baller

Sep 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Trying to find a small group of guys (1 to 3 more) that want to take part in the January OTC archery hunts for deer in southern Arizona. Had lots of tire kickers but nothing in concrete yet. It seems really hard for some reason to get people to commit. Maybe it is the family thing or money, not sure. It is nice to have the ability to share info and expenses with like minded people. Who knows, might even up with a lifelong friend out of the deal. Seems all the best people I have met in life are hunters and fishermen.

My plan is, if I can find the right guys, a scouting trip the Friday after Thanksgiving to Sunday and another mid December or so. Then, hunt the first week of January and then again another weekend or two before the season ends. Days of scouting and hunting are negotiable upon what ends up working best for the group if it should happen to come together. If this sounds interesting to you, PM me here and maybe we can make something work out for all involved..

Thanks for you time,

Bill

ive been planning a javelina trip with my family first week in jan but will keep trying until i drop a hog or the season is over. i plan to hunt the 38M unit and have my family stay at the golf resort near by. i was going to try to hunt tuscon mountain park.

pm @billtapatalk to get this started.

If you try to get something like this going for the following year also, I'd be very interested then. I'd be interested now but I'm currently in school every weekend.

I'm going jan 2019. When are you thinking about?

My "Plan" right now is to scout the weekend following Thanksgiving and then again in December. hunt the opening week and then again another weekend or two before season closes. F all goes according to plan.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
My "Plan" right now is to scout the weekend following Thanksgiving and then again in December. hunt the opening week and then again another weekend or two before season closes. F all goes according to plan.
add me on the list. ill be heading to AZ as soon as i can purchase a nonpermit javelina tag. called AZ fish and game and they told me quotas and tags come out 3 months before the season starts and that you can only purchase otc via tag dealer in person only.

OTC would not be easier it is super easy to apply online. Honestly most of the archery tags don’t sell out but the good units do, it is worth doing the draw that way your tag is taken care of and all of your stuff is saved online. Just go online and set up a portal. You will need to buy a NR license for $165 and then you can apply for the spring draw when it comes available. Don’t buy the license until you apply though AZ licenses work 365 days from the day you buy them. Doing the draws and figuring out how each state works is part of the fun. If you call AZGFD they will walk you through it.

OTC would not be easier it is super easy to apply online. Honestly most of the archery tags don’t sell out but the good units do, it is worth doing the draw that way your tag is taken care of and all of your stuff is saved online. Just go online and set up a portal. You will need to buy a NR license for $165 and then you can apply for the spring draw when it comes available. Don’t buy the license until you apply though AZ licenses work 365 days from the day you buy them. Doing the draws and figuring out how each state works is part of the fun. If you call AZGFD they will walk you through it.
did my research and looks like the area i want to hunt is only archery only non permit. no draw needed. looks like ill have to make a what a burger trip to pick up my permit. thankx for the suggestion i did register an account for further draws.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
did my research and looks like the area i want to hunt is only archery only non permit. no draw needed. looks like ill have to make a what a burger trip to pick up my permit. thankx for the suggestion i did register an account for further draws.
At least buy your license online that way it is saved to your account. OTC will not be remembered under your sportsman’s ID.

I am very interested if your still looking for guys to join you. I’ve been looking at getting an OTC tag and would be nice to go with a group guys.

At least buy your license online that way it is saved to your account. OTC will not be remembered under your sportsman’s ID.

I agree to purchase your license on line before, I tried to buy my license and tag 3 days before the first last year and no one had them, luckily they came into Walmart the night before the season opened. There was a mix up some where, the AG&F said they were sent out but no one had them or wouldn’t sell them, I didn’t fill my tag so I am going back on the 27th and hunt , then buy a new tag for the 2 019 season.

I am very interested if your still looking for guys to join you. I’ve been looking at getting an OTC tag and would be nice to go with a group guys.

I think I have the group I need but will keep you in mind. Thanks..!!

called Tuscon fish and game last week and what they told me is that otc javalina never runs out and is for sale now. i might make a trip within the month to pick up tags and licenses and start to scout.

I have the guys I need. If someone drops out I will get in touch with ya.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu