Back In Ventura County!

jjones556

Oct 25, 2012
Hey SCH!! Newish to the area... I grew up in Ventura County (Moorpark) but then moved to Arizona and Texas where I took up hunting and other outdoor hobbies! Moved back to Ventura County about a year ago and been itching to get back out for some real hunting. Last season I hunted Quail and Dove on some private land but I am really itching for some big game hunting. I have a few maps and have done a little hiking in Los Padres but still lacking any decent knowledge for the area. Any information pointing me to decent area to scout for Deer, Pig, Turkey.... etc would be greatly appreciated!!

Weatherby Vanguard .30-06
Weatherby Vanguard .25-06
Remington 870 .12ga
Yildiz O/U .20ga
Winchester 94 .30-30
Henry Big Boy .45LC
Marlin 925R .22LR
Custom Built AR .556/.223
Martin Exile W/ Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu