Backcountry trophies.

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
Not sure if this has been done before, but I love getting into the back country to hunt. Let's see some of your backcountry trophies. I'll go first..
This was a moose/caribou hunt way in the backcountry of the Brooks Range Alaska. Went with three other friends and had an amazing trip!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 23
Tb,

Great pix.....Thanks for sharing......cool.gif

Never been on a real adventure like those hunts, but I have watched a lot on TV......lol

Thanks ! Yeah, it was an amazing trip for sure. One the the hardest trips I've ever done, but would go again in a heartbeat! Cold and tough hunting. Moose are BIG. Between the 4 of us we took, 3 bull moose, 6 caribou and a HUGE wolf. Awesome memories for sure!

Those are beautiful pics. That's on my to do list when I retire next year.

Definitely a must do... Bring lots of xtra socks and hip waiters... I think I lived in my hip waiters. Seemed like everything in the tundra is just a spongy swampy mess.

Tbob said:
Definitely a must do... Bring lots of xtra socks and hip waiters... I think I lived in my hip waiters. Seemed like everything in the tundra is just a spongy swampy mess.
The waders are a terrific point.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu