Bahia Asuncion fishing trip/

dtbushpilot

Apr 17, 2011
My amigo Charlie and I headed north for a few days of shore and panga fishing in Bahia Asuncion BCS (We live in Baja so we had to go north to get there). We had a couple of good days on the beach, caught 4 nice halibut the first day and 6 really nice corbina the second day using sand crabs and fishing right past our feet, it was a hoot!

The third day we went out with my buddy Juan Arce on his panga for a quick limit of quality yellowtail and toad calicos. We also had no trouble catching our limit of lobos mostly using live calicos for bait ;D ;D.

Here is a picture of some of the yellowtail, note the damage to Charlie's fish, he had to put up quite a fight with a bull lobo to score the fish.

IMG_0439_zps9256bafb.jpg

Awesome! How do you prepare your lobos? Grilled or deep fried? ;D

The only way to cook a lobo steak is on a hot charcoal grill, a little salt and cracked black pepper, medium rare........

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu