Banded or high and dry waders???

I love my high and dry!!!!!
Two seasons on the current ones and still good to go.

1000024946.jpg

The yoke and the buckles are terrible on high and dry. The exterior of the boot is good, but the interior neoprene will wear away if you walk in hunt. The Velcro pocket is loud before shoot time. Mine leaked and the manufacturer was not helpful with warranty assistance. For an inexpensive pair of waders, rogers is probably the way to go. You may check out divebomb also. I think they are price competitive with banded And drake. Cabelas is also an alternative.

Bud,

Rogers has a lot of options...They also have the best prices...Pick a pair that look good to you and in your price range and go with them...They also offer free shipping (Over $99.00)......:clap:

All breathable waders have issues (Sitka excepted)...Cabela's have always done right by me as well, but I am a "Black" card holder............. :joy:

ps...By one size smaller than what you where in a shoe..........;)

henshaw 12-7-21 15.JPG

Unfortuately most waterfowl boot foot waders are insulated. Most mfgs have standardized on 1200g. The only ones that i've found that don't have boot insulation are the cheap ones on amazon, typically non breathable.

Best waders I have ever owned were the cabelas wader pants. Was not happy they discontinued them. Only wader I have ever owned that had a long enough inseam for me.

So what was the reaction from high and dry? @Designed2Hunt it's not uncommon with gore type fabrics to have pin hole leaks that are easy to fix. I don't run the belt just the shoulder straps.

I wish Cabela's still had wader pants also .
I didn't use the belt either. It was very awkwardly placed.
I paid $70+ to ship the waders to high and dry. After about 2 month's of use, they told me they had lots of holes and claimed i had misused them, but that they would repair them. The waders leaked on the first time out after being "repaired" and the glue, 3M 4200 black maybe UV, that they used came off immediately. I really wanted their claims to be true because there are few companies that offer a size 15 boot. After my experience, I doubt I'll ever try their waders again.

Rogers, right now.................. :blush:

Avery Outdoors

Breathable Insulated WC Wader

4.2 star rating

$339.99 now
$169.99

Free shipping

View attachment 63392
FWIW,
I have a pair of these BUT, I can only wear them at Kern sitting in the water in Dec and Jan. Very warm(hot)... I would go with the Rogers 2 in 1 with the zip out insulation. I ended up buying these after I realized my mistake with the Avery's

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu