Bear Hunt With GSGS

Skinny Hunter

Apr 8, 2011
Tagged along with my brother Rusty and good friend Tim on their Bear Hunt with Giant Sequoia Guide Service this past weekend. Tim was up first and was able to get his Saturday morning. Neil spotted the Bear and KC and Tim went after it with a positive result. The shot was just under 200 yard. Rusty was up next, we hunted the rest of the morning with no luck but were incurred about the evening. That evening was great we hiked in and saw a Bear feeding, Rusty was ready to shot but there were tree branches in the way so we moved up hill a bit for a clear shot. We noticed another Bear coming in to the same area and waited to see what was going to happen. Rusty and KC determined which bear was bigger and he shot, It was also just under 200. The other bear stared to leave but came back to investigate what happened, Neil asked if I wanted to shot and I said yes. It was basically the same shot as my brothers slightly closer.
Thanks to Neil and KC at Giant Sequoia for a great hunting trip.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 185
Outstanding job guys! Looks like good times were had by all. And Hat's off to Neil for being a bold-legged trooper! :'(

3 for 3 ! Well done guys ! That's some awesome bear country up there and some great shooting. You guys must have been beat dressing and packing out 3 bears.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu