Bear Hunting California

SoCalB3AST

Hi i am wondering if i purchase a bear tag, do i have to pick a zone like dear or is it good for any area of california? thanks

Good in areas that are legal for bear hunting http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/mammalregs.aspx

Click on bear

It lays it out pretty clear

thank you aeon. one more question for you and ill leave u alone i saw that it has a bear archery time frame but it says it also opens up first day of deer season can i take a bear with a bow or do i have to use a gun?

You can use a bow,

366. Archery Bear Hunting.
Bear may be taken with bow and arrow during the bear season as specified in Section 365 and as follows:
(a) Areas: Those portions of the state as described in subsection 365(a).
(b) Season: The archery bear season shall open on the third Saturday in August and extend for 23 consecutive days. There is no open season for taking bear with bow and arrow in the balance of the state.

Aeon said:
You can use a bow,

366. Archery Bear Hunting.
Bear may be taken with bow and arrow during the bear season as specified in Section 365 and as follows:
(a) Areas: Those portions of the state as described in subsection 365(a).
(b) Season: The archery bear season shall open on the third Saturday in August and extend for 23 consecutive days. There is no open season for taking bear with bow and arrow in the balance of the state.

This excludes A-zone, correct?

Even though bears are on the rise in a zone I think it's still closed there

A ton of people have been killing them where I hunt and the game warden said it is open in a-zone right now. I'm just wondering about the archery season because I had 2 bears under 50 yards and my buddy had one at 19, but we didn't shoot cause we though it was closed.. So I want to 100% sure that A-zone archery bear opens the same as A-zone archery deer

Back