BECAREFULL RATTLERS ARE OUT!!!!!

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Talked to some horseback riders. They told me that they saw a Rattlesnake down the road from my house this morning.
Guess It's that time of year again so keep an eye out for these guys. Always better to see them first.

I figured this weekend warm weather snap may have fooled them into making a show. We are slowly approaching that time of year. We still have a ways to go before they are out in force. Now is the time to get your dogs inoculated and snake trained!

Yep I'm starting to see snakes in the road up where I live. BTW if anyone comes across one and has the where with all to capture it we sure would like to have them to train dogs with. P.S. 2 1/2 to 4 " is an ideal size much smaller and they are hard to work with.

Since it illegal to trade in wildlife I'm pretty sure I would be in violation of the law by offering you a monetary discount in exchange for a snake. I know for sure that that it is illegal in the city limits of San Diego to possess, import, maintain or give away a venomous reptile. The unincorporated ares are under different rules for possession.

Below are the California DFG regulations regarding rattlesnakes:

http://www.californiaherps.com/info/herpinglaws.html

LEGAL STATUS

The six species of rattlesnakes found in California are not considered endangered or threatened. The California Department of Fish and Game Code classifies rattlesnakes as native reptiles. California residents can take rattlesnakes on private lands in any legal manner without a license or permit.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu